Thursday, August 8, 2013

Thursday Book Rec: Clothesline Clues: Jobs People Do

I am a book addict. It's just that simple. I will steal minutes to read "just one more line" and hide out in strange places (like my closet) to get it in before the kids discover I'm missing. The good thing is, I've got them hooked, too, and believe me, there's no greater feeling than suddenly noticing they're suspiciously quiet, only to happen upon them innocently absorbed in a book on the floor (and that my favorite Sharpie is still where I left it).

Here's what we're reading this week:

Clothesline Clues to Jobs People Do




This book is a great guessing-game book for teaching about different professions. My youngest loved it and I had a lot of fun reading it to her. From page to page, there are uniforms and tools for each job suspended from a clothesline and it's up to you (your child) to guess who the clothes belong to.

I really like the "Guess Who" aspect of this book, and the fact that the answers will come to your (young) child quite easily, along with smiles and giggles when they guess each one correctly- at least it was that way for us. When they don't guess, it's still fun because it's a learning/teaching opportunity for you both. There are also some really great, refreshingly positive messages in those pages about gender diversity in different professions. This is one we could read again and again.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a comment, question or suggestion to share?