Thursday, November 11, 2010

A Fun Arabic Letter Craft!

We just did a learning craft (aren't they all?) about an hour ago using the following "decorations" for the six arabic letters my girls are learning this week:


bulgur (pasta grains)
tissue paper cut into squares and cinched in the middle to make "flowers" (2 colors)
cotton balls cut up into small pieces
fillini pasta
glitter
Re-used crinkly paper from a gift basket I received

I started with large sheets of construction paper, one for each child, creased into six equal "parts" or squares; I think the sheets measure 11x14. Using a Sharpie, I wrote the six letters- dal through sheen- each in one square.


 


I then put each decorative item into a re-used clear, plastic egg carton tray (I have 2 girls, 6 decorations per side for each of the 6 letters), gave them glue and a Q-tip and let them go to work. They had a ton of fun and it was messy *cringe* but they enjoyed it, so I'm okay with that;^) I was impressed at how well they did and can't wait till they dry to hang them up on our "Look What I Did" wall.




 
Although we used this craft to learn Arabic letters, it can be used as a fun way to help kids learn just about anything- the English alphabet, shapes, numbers, etc. Be creative! Also, colored craft sand is a great but messy alternative to decorate your paper.
 
If you have some great ideas for other fun decorative materials to use, or would like to share how you reworked this craft to fit your family, please share in the comments section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a comment, question or suggestion to share?