Thursday, April 7, 2011

Thursday Book Rec

I am an admitted book worm. If I could swim in books or sleep in them, I truly would. I am constantly on the lookout for new ones, both for the kids and myself. There's no better love you can inspire in children than the desire to read, but again, I am 1000% biased. This is the first in a series of posts spotlighting books we picked up and absolutely loved! Most of these can be appreciated by just about any age, and I say this because I love them just as much as the kids do. I hope you do, too!


Image Source: booko
Title & Author:
Diary of a Baby Wombat by Jackie French. 

What It's About:
A baby wombat uses a week's worth of diary entries to tell about his seemingly mundane adventures in finding a bigger hole for his mother and himself. He makes a friend along the way but also inadvertently causes a bit of trouble, because he is, after all, just a baby.

My Thoughts:
I am known for doing semi-good, semi-horrible accents and when I picked this one up to read to the kiddles, I couldn't help but work on my Australian. Thankfully I'd watched a Planet Green show late the night before and got a fresh dose of Australian just in time for this book. It was so much fun to read that way and the kids loved it so much they asked me to do it again and again- I guess my nighttime "research" paid off. It's a really sweet book.

2 comments:

  1. I love this post... I wish I could hear you do that Australian accent. I recently read The Three Little Cajun Pigs aloud to my 4 year old. It is written so that you can't help but give it that Cajun twang...and he cracked up the
    whole time I was reading. My 11 y.o. couldn't help but to listen in.

    Deidre

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahhaa! I will definitely add that to our library "shopping list"! Can't wait to try that accent (as my DH & sister roll their eyes), I think it's time to expand my horizons, lol. Just 'cause we're grown doesn't mean we can't have fun. The best part is, they enjoy it with us. Thanks for the words and the comment!

    ReplyDelete

Do you have a comment, question or suggestion to share?