Thursday, February 9, 2012

Thursday Book Rec: Lots of Ladybugs



I am an admitted book worm, constantly on the lookout for new ones, both for the kids and myself. There's no better love you can inspire in children than the desire to read, but again, I am thousand-percent biased. A book can take you anywhere and let you be anyone you want to be- how does it get any better than that??

This is one in a series of posts spotlighting books we picked up and  absolutely loved! Most of these can be appreciated by just about any age, and I say this because I love them just as much as the kids do. I hope you do, too!

Title & Author: 
Lots of Lady bugs by Michael Dahl 


What It's About:
It basically teaches kids to count by fives or gives good practice if they already know the basics of skip-counting. The number-find on each page holds their interest and it is an interactive book that you can read aloud together. 

My Thoughts:
I love the hidden numbers on each page because the kids had a ball trying to find them first each time. The repetition helps kids really learn to count by fives painlessly, and then who doesn't love ladybugs? There's a cool fact sheet at the end of the book where you can learn interesting things about the very special bugs. It gave me the idea to do a ladybug theme sometime in the near future. We will be re-visiting this book when we do.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a comment, question or suggestion to share?