Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Circle Time: The Spice of Life!

I finally came to the realization the other day that my Homeschool is kinda, well...boring. I think my natural creativity and desire to mix unschooling with traditional schooling  has been temporarily impaired by all the book learnin' and research I've been doing into how to do this all, exactly. So, I prayed and prayed and finally the answer came-  to liven things up a bit and really make it feel like "school", I need to incorporate Circle Time!

Here's my thoughts on what I'll do; for those who are not religious, or follow a religion other than Islam, please feel free to edit and incorporate what's most fitting to you and your family if you find this info generally helpful and would like to use it:

Qur'an recitation (alternate 3 Kuls & Ayat ul Kursi)
Dua'a (prayer) for the appropriate time of day
Allow the kids to pray or express gratitude for something of their choosing (I'd like to do leaves to write on everyday and hang them on a large 1-D tree on the wall, but that's later *laughing*)

Alhamdullilah Song (If you're interested, let me know and I'll post on this later)
Ring Around the Rosie (2-3x's)
London Bridge
I'm a Little Teapot

Read a few poems or nursery rhymes from "What Your First Grader Needs To Know"

Do some stretching, then get to work!

I'm trying this out for the first time today so stand by to find out how it went. I'll also edit if I think of anything else worthy enough to become part of our routine. Here goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a comment, question or suggestion to share?